When you notice some water leaks characterized by bulging siding, molds in the basement or attic, as well as darken sports, being passive about it would cause critical damage to the house and health hazards than you might expect. And if you think about repairing it on your own, think about the possible contaminants that re lurking and can harm your health if you are not equipped with the right tools and equipment. Acting immediately involves contacting Blue Springs MO repair experts, or any local professional companies that can help you with this kind of problem.
In this article, we will elaborate on the danger of not treating your water damage and how it is very dangerous to you and your family’s health.
Risks of Untreated Water Damage to Your Health
Water leakages pose health concerns, which are the following:
- Fungus, molds, and bug – all of these are attracted to moisture and damp environment. Fungus and molds can cause respiratory allergies that can harm anyone who is suffering from asthma and other respiratory illnesses and can even cause skin rashes, eye reddening, cough, and fever. Bugs can also carry diseases that may turn into an infection
- Chemicals and toxins – water from leakages can also carry different harmful chemicals and toxins depending on the source of this water. It may also contain dirt that carries harmful bacteria.
Risk of untreated Water Damage to Your House:
All professionals and experts would agree that water leakages are very damaging to the house in general. While water stains can be seen on walls, basements, and attics, they can penetrate deep into your wall, damaging your electrical wiring and even your foundation.
- Corrosion may contain elements that can break down the pipes leading to more damages and repair costs.
- Stains on the walls and floors that can be permanent if the problem left unattended, leading to the decreased value of the house
- The water leaks can make your house smells bad, as it can cause everything susceptible to water damaged. When the water leaks, it can go to your carpet and cause your carpet to become a breeding ground to bacteria which makes it smell bad
- It can be a breeding ground for the molds that can cause respiratory allergies as well as skin rashes and eye reddening when left untreated.
- The concrete and brick you have in your house might be damaged if they are consistently exposed to water and damp environment. This can compromise and damage the whole structure of the house.
- The water leaks can get into the walls and can damage your electrical wiring. This is critically dangerous and needs to be fixed as immediately as you can as this is a potential fire hazard.
- The water leaks can also weaken the structure and the foundation of your home if they get into the foundation. This makes the house more susceptible to damages and ruins, decreasing its value.
Whenever you have problems in your house due to water leakages, it is important that you act immediately to avoid more damages and repairs. Contact your trusted technician and home repair service.